Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's Tuesday

That's all I could muster for a title this morning, sorry. Not that it's not gonna be a totally great day, though! I'm just a little sleepy at the moment.

Anyway, on to the breaking news. I'd like to share a new cut paper piece I recently made. I haven't made one of these guys in a little while but it was for a custom order and I like how it turned out.


It's all cut paper on illustration board, measuring about 5" x 7", I think. Just realized I never gave it a title. Something to think about. I'm still getting used to the solid color background here because I usually try to use something with a pattern or a visible texture as the "wallpaper" in these collages, but my customer was looking for aqua and this color was just so pretty that I had to use it. And I think the fancypants floor ends up striking the right balance anyway.


Also! The Paper Apartment goods are now available at Magpie in Somerville, MA! For those of you in the Boston area who don't already know, but I bet you do, Magpie is a fantastic shop carrying a range of great stuff by indie designers/crafters and local artists. I'm really, really excited to be working with them. My art prints, notesets, notepads and single cards are all for sale, so if you're in Davis Sq. please stop by and take a look. And if you can't do that you should at least check out their cute website. C'mon now.

No comments: