Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hi!

Hi. Hello. Just here to check in, say some things, maybe. It's Tuesday again. Seems like I visit most on Tuesdays. And it's a good Tuesday, even though it started with an unfortunate kitchen accident, which has slowed down a lot of my progress today. Actually, the day started with a very delicious strawberry and banana soy smoothie, but was then interrupted by an unfortunate slicing of one of my fingers while cleaning the blender blade. Nothing too, too bloody, but definitely annoying. But you don't want to hear about all that!


On to the progress. I've been working on the new illustration and it kinda went somewhere I wasn't really planning, but I'm happy so far. It involves a lot of lines! Hours of lines. My hand hurts just looking at it now. So far it's still just colored pencil and the drawing isn't mounted to a background yet, but once I cook something up and attach it all, prints won't be far behind. I'm hoping to have some shop-ready by Friday. Fingers crossed.


And speaking of the shop, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who's been giving so much love to the Ruffles Note Set. It's made appearances in several lovely places, like here, here and here, and I like that. It's nice. These cards are a personal favorite and a true labor of love, as I (ridiculously) cut each of those squiggly little edges by hand. I realize there's technology out there that could spare me from such insanity, but I don't own it. And as you might have guessed from the obsessive line drawing above, I'm inclined towards the tedious. What can I do?


Last but not least, a nod to things I like today.

Smoothie: like
Smoothie aftermath: not so much
New Order: like (always like)
Tulips in winter: like! especially from Trader Joe's for $4.99


All for now. Bye!

P.S. Congratulations to Johnny who has his first class tonight after winning a scholarship to the Harvard Extension School! My little scholar. I'm so proud.

6 comments:

kaitlyn sullivan said...

ohh i love your mantle space! and your work. clean & fun, nice!

kaitlyn

Angela said...

Why thank you, Kaitlyn!

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela, it's Arestia, the other AP from Sox Appeal! LOVE the birds over your fireplace...could you do something like that for my house? Only my fireplace is brick and we can't have birds because my roommate is scared of them (don't ask). Think on it...perhaps we can submit it to some design blog! Great work, I love it...keep it up!

Angela said...

Hey Arestia,

Thanks for visiting! And I'm sure we can work out some non-bird fireplace action.

A

Snicky Peppermint said...

ive done that too with a blender! it was horrible!!! i hope your hand is better :) love your blog

Angela said...

Thanks, Shantessa!