Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Party Time

Now I like a party as much as the next person but I might just like the invitations for the party even more! Is that bad? Or sad? We're in the process of planning a major backyard celebration with our neighbors for next month and the part I've been most excited about so far is the paper part. Here's a peek at the invite:


I hand-drew and partially hand-lettered the original in ink and popped in that block font on ye old computer. It was fun! I wanted the invite to be kind of nostalgic, (a little bit 90's maybe?) and just full of summery things. I haven't drawn a cheeseburger or an ice cream cone since childhood, I'm pretty sure, so I really enjoyed it. I also never draw boobs or scantily clad women so I was kind of pleased with myself for doing both of those on my first try!


And I couldn't resist this stamp for the envelope- I'm hoping that it makes its recipient think, "Hmm... Yum! What-oh-what could be in this magical little envelope?" I dunno. We'll see.

And in news about things that I should be working on because they have the potential to generate actual income and not just entertain me and take up lots of precious time: I am finishing up a piece for Indie Fixx's Feed Your Soul Free Art Project. Jen was kind enough to ask me to participate in this a couple of months ago and as I never fail to procrastinate, I am only finishing it now- just in time for my deadline. I believe my pdf will be available in July sometime. So keep a look out. This project is such a great idea and I'm really psyched to be contributing.

I think that might be it for now. I'm off to address some envelopes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alright, party time!